Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flower Pot Planting Day

Nursery Bounty. I finally got to some flower pots today.
This is last year's flower box not yet cleaned out.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.

I have five flower boxes to fill.  I picked purple Verbena, pink Geranium and this drapy thing.
Our planting day included a trip to the nursery and picnic lunch on the Dorset village green. 
We typically have a large vegetable garden, but we are simplifying this year.  These are the only herbs I wanted in this tiny pot.  Basil, Rosemary and Lemon Thyme. Tsk - those are dandelions on the ground next to this pot. I love dandelions and we don't weed kill.  They are beautiful and are medicine.

I love this old herb container.
Harleigh got busy planting the boxes with me.  Once I taught her how to lay them out, she did a couple on her own.  This is her boy kitty "Ginger Pye".  He follows her everywhere.
Finished!  Onward to some more impatiens to decorate my potting bench and hanging pots.

 Front entry way.  I planted impatiens in the pots for this shady area.  They should fill in nicely.  They're one of my favorites.  I made this door wreath last year.  If midwifery does not work out, I can always sell these by the side of the road.

 This is an old teak potting bench. The husband bought new for me years ago.  We've left outside a lunch of winters.  My next project is to decorate this up with potted plants as it sits next to our entry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment