Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lazy Dutch Oven Chocolate Pudding Cake

I was craving cake batter this lazy Sunday and had to find a way to bake what was left over after I had my batter-fill.  I obviously couldn't jip a 10" pan with more than a teaspoon or two of batter-stealing... so I decided to try baking a cake in a dutch oven so I could indulge. 
I usually make my cakes from scratch...but I was extra lazy this Sunday, so I used a box mix.
Like God said when he made Adam "It is not good that man be alone" and so he made Eve, it is not good that you not  Spray Pam in your Dutch oven.
My mommy used to flour her cake pans, and I'm a big girl, so i flour my cake pans, too.  Not sure why, exactly.  But it really worked well in this case.  Oh - let's play a game, just a little game...can you find the BUTTER in every photo?
Mix the yum-nums together to get this.  And I'm just kidding.  There is ironically no butter in this recipe, but I love it and so it has to be here with us.
THIS is where it gets PG-13 folks... because I was SO oh-my-stinkin-heck lazy, I put gobs of frosting on top of the UNCOOKED batter. 
My laziness never ceases to amaze even myself.  There is no end to my laziness.  My laziness knows no bounds.
Meet Hansel.  Put a LID on it folks!
By now you must know that I never time these things...Maybe around 25 minutes.  But it looked like this when I pulled it out.  It was important that I cooled it while we ate dinner because it did settle down a bit.
The frosting made it into a pudding-texture.  It was amazing.  The kids and The Husband were wearing it while they ate it.  I think I wore a little too.  I had some for breakfast this morning. 
Good over vanilla ice cream. 
"Have thy cake and eat your batter, too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment