Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A 'lil Carpentry

So, my mother-in-law heard that I was hawking an antique bench for my dining room table.  Being the practical New Englander that she is, she decided to MAKE one.  Why buy it when you can MAKE it?  Yes, this is the woman who gave my husband his carpentry genes.  She is amazing and I love her.  The Mister comes from a long line of carpenters and home builders.  I wanted a super dark stain on there.  It took a couple trips to r.k. Miles to find a dark enough color I liked.  This is after one coat.  I think it will darken with a second coat.  I picked a stain color called Tudor.
A light sand in between coats of stain. 

This is a raw pine bunk bed the mister made for our son.  Today it is getting some beadboard and a coat of Walnut color stain.  Will post more of the finished products of this in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment