Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blue Envelopes and Jingle Bracelets

This week I assembled a handful of my favorite things to place in a post box and ship to a dear friend. It went off to the post this morning.  

This is the goody pile.  I made some tags out of pretty floral thank you cards I cut up.  Apple Butter, strawberry honey stix and Nantucket Briar body lovies are a few of my faves.  I first found Nantucket Briar ironically in Wyoming when I lived there.  So I think of the Wild West when I wear it, even though it is called Nantucket...and even though Crabtree and Evelyn is located in London. 
The little tags explain every item and why it's in there. No special occasion, just a bosom friend that I wanted to send some love to. 

...because every girl deserves some Burt's Bees Champagne lip shimmer to look like fairy dust was sprinkled on her smile.    ..and because every girl deserves a bar of soap to sit unwrapped like a little gift in her bathroom to stare at and wonder what's in there.  .
...and because inside every girl is a tacky belly dancer, who wants to wear something that jingles when she moves.  I bought a matching one for me!  My little ones like to listen to and watch it.  I think they might remember this as an important part of my mothering when they get older.   Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. The love was received and has spread. Thank you so much. (jingle, jingle)

    ReplyDelete