Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary C&W!

It has been a year since I started to write down my thoughts and publish them here.  Thank you for stopping buy in your busy day to read, subscribe, and just sit with me.  I feel like I am getting more comfortable with this and maybe ready to share a little bit more of my life.

Events last year created a vulnerability in me and as I review my writings, I can see that I I have withheld a great deal of myself.  There is some scar tissue there that feels like it is ready to be ancient history.

I love this photo a girl friend took during my third pregnancy that would give birth to Harleigh.  I post it today because I feel figuratively pregnant...with me. 

Last year, I took you on some homeschool trips and shared a few yummy treats as I felt like a big girl trying to impress guests with cooking and homemaking.  Yes, I'm a Mormon. For a funny read, check out:  Sister Bloggers: Why so Many Lifestyle Bloggers Happen to be Mormon.  For more on what I believe in, click here.

I think I will usher in this next year with revealing just a little bit more.  About my home and the people I share space with. About me.  Yes, I think I will fly my Freak Flag.  Maybe just a corner of it.  I warn you, that I am born of two corporate fiance professionals who worked for Fortune 100 companies their entire careers... Translation: I have to dig deep for those authentically creative pieces of ME and grow comfortable sharing them with YOU. This will be an exercise for me to journal honestly, and not be really flipping mad at myself for days after wondering if you still love me or not.

To prepare, I will be copiously reading Brene Brown's  articles on Shame and Vulnerability.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment