Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baggage

I promised I would report back about my family of six sharing one piece of luggage on our trip.

I notified them that THIS is what I had in mind.  What?  All we would be taking would be flip flops, bikinis, bathing suits and maybe a shorts outfit or two! C'mon, guys!

They all chuckled and completely disregarded me and my over-active imagination and went off in search of their own packs, leaving me with this thing, which I felt was redundantly large for my simple beach needs.

I stuffed it silly, leaving room for take-homes...  when we arrived in our destination... I discovered that I FORGOT to pack any shirts at all (besides the one I had on)...and socks, which was frustrating when I wanted to go out for a walk/run.

I had to do a little shopping while there, but basically lived in a bikini with a sundress and flip flops.

My daydreams of traveling light and efficient with everything we would all need able to fit on our backs at a dead run was thwarted.  Our car was stuffed with several packs.  Next purchase - roof rack.
Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment