Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stratton Mountain, Vermont

It has been a while since I've written...  This is where we spent our winter. It was a very busy winter.   

I love this place.  {Sigh}  

I hate this place.  {Sigh}.  

I really like this place an awful lot.
It was a lot of 5am alarm mornings and hard work standing around on the hill.

STRATTON MOUNTAIN, VT.

It was my second season exclusively skiing this mountain.
After a few minutes of grieving mountain hopping, my family settled in to the Stratton Community.  We met some really cool people and made a lot of new friends.

There is this cool Euro-village at the base including a penny candy store that the kids can stroll into apre ski.  

This is where my 12 and 10 year olds SEIZED their independence. No, not the candy store, silly.  The MOUNTAIN...

It is a GREAT family winter destination resort.  So much to offer children.
I was a new addition to the weekend race coaching staff.  
The eldest two children gave ski racing a try.  They liked it.  

Husband gave dog sled tours right at the mountain.

That was very cool...
Already looking to next winter season. 
...While sunbathing in Vermont's unseasonable 80 degree weather in mid-March.  

Thank you Stratton!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment