Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

John Wooden and his "Woodenisms"

I was moved and softened even more in church today.  If I soften any more, I'm going to be a stick of butter tossed in the microwave accidentally for a whole minute.

Church today made me realize how many different things are currently occupying real estate in my mind.  My mind right now reminds me of my favorite playlist...it contains everything from Tupac to Ellie Goulding, Ella Fitzgerald and Metallica.  It's Christian yet hard core, yet sexy with a little bit of 40s weaved in.  My mind has just as much diverse noise in it as I undergo a major emergence and reorg... I think it is because I am on the verge of creating or manifesting something amazing.  Have you ever felt the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you are in the middle of a thunderstorm right before lightening strikes?  This is the place I occupy right now.  I'm excited.  And maybe a little nervous.  But mostly excited.

Good things take time, as they should. We shouldn’t expect good things to happen overnight. Actually, getting something too easily or too soon can cheapen the outcome.  John Wooden


The 16 year old son of a friend of mine gave a talk today on Preparedness -  loved it.  Then another man spoke on -  I'm not sure what topic - but he successfully managed to weave pottery, basketball and sushi together in the talk; the basketball element of the talk caused a shake down of my synapses.

For you guys, John Wooden - duh.... For gal pals reading this, a primer on John Wooden...

John Wooden, named NCAA coach of the year won ten national championships including an unprecedented seven in a row.  When a man successful like this throws words around (I'm a sucker for words), I'm interested in what he has to say!  Here are some of my favorite "Woodenisms"



Just getting warmed up with some lay-ups...

Here is a derivative of the one quoted in the talk I heard today.  




This great man had a relationship with Jesus Christ.


YES!  Like Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally - diner scene, "Yes"...  because then you can make up. I'd like someone smart to argue with me.  just a little.   Outside of romantic relationships, I suppose this is really important in work relationships, coaching relationships, teaching and mentoring.... critical for creativity and freedom of expression to be present.  






Living that one above every single day...

I love this one above. 


This above for the people-turned-family in my community who have taken me in as one of their own, even though I feel like I rolled into town Mach 2 last summer with my hair on fire... They have taught me so much about love and service, kindness, humility, success and family, friendship and FUN!  



I get to do this every single day!


yup.



double yup. 


Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment