Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Travel Apps

Have you ever wondered/worried what your home smells like to others?  You know how sometimes people's homes possess a certain scent?  Sometimes pleasant, sometimes less pleasant...  The only way I can tell what my home smells like is to leave it for a couple of weeks and return.  Our cedar log and hemlock Timber Frame home smells like hardcore wood....a very masculine woodsy scent.  I suppose the only time it smells different is when I am in it and doing vast amounts of laundry with dryer sheets, fabric softener or cooking/baking something. So I'm working on that with some spring cleaning this weekend.


Anyhoo, it is good to be HOME.. in the aroma only my home has.  
 But on our big road trip, I found a few new apps that were very useful and fun!


GAS BUDDY!  
This app is so cool!  
I just clicked on 'Find Gas Near Me' and in a nano second every single gas station within several miles popped up with current price per gallon.  Each had a map function that allows you to get there.
We definitely saved a few bucks on this road trip.  

Get THIS one!...



There is an APP for this!!


Within seconds while husband drove, I had a family of six ordered up, and paid for.

As I walked into this random Five Guys somewhere in Maryland, I was greeted with a 'Heather's here!", had my order handed to me and I walked out.  Amazingly amazing.

I have only been into a Five Guys a few times.  We don't have them in these them here parts of Vermont (in a Vermont hillbilly drawl)... But I have experienced having to wait a few minutes for an order.  
Not with the app!!

I was a little nervous about placing a credit card over the AT&T phone waves.  But the experience was a legitimately positive one.    

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment