Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Potting Begins!

I made my first trip to the local nursery. Going to this place feels like a staycation for the kids and I. They have a tiny playground to keep children busy while mom browses and strolls and a fish pond with a fish food machine - for a dime - kids can get a handful of fish food pellets to toss in and watch the huge trout jump. The trout video is on my daughter's phone. I'll try to upload tomorrow.  

Here a nursery clerk helps me get my wallet out.  Breck is here supervising, as usual. 

We walk our wagon to the car. Our load is full of geraniums, viney thingies, goldilocks rocks, brachyscome, rosemary, thyme, basil and lemon verbena. 


As I pull in my drive, I notice the French lilacs are popping out. 


Daughter and I potting away. Working on the herb pot here.  


I changed up my flower boxes a bit this year.  I usually place a geranium in the center, the viney thing in front of the geranium, the goldilocks rocks and the brachyscome on the sides. I used to pot symmetrical, but I mixed up random colors this year. I have five identical boxes sitting on my deck railing. 



Below are herbs potted just outside the kitchen door. Rosemary, basil, thyme, lemon verbena. Apparently the lemon verbena is most aromatic in the evenings.  I'm ready to incorporate them into soups, teas, sauces, potatoes, chicken and fish.  


More tomorrow!  Happy Memorial Day!

Ciao!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment