Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Potter

Gardening success to me =  BUTTERFLIES!
This weekend I worked a little more on the front entry way.  I'm gonna show you what I did with a flower pot I tipped over and cracked.  See it in front of the potting bench, near the lower left corner on the ground.  Just above the azalea?  Yes, that's it.
I'm a clumsy gal at times.  So I made use out of it... I added a bunch of top soil inside and in front of the pot.  I curved it around a bit, too.
The pot had a significant crack in it.  The Mister took a flat edge tool-thingy and lightly hammered the crack so the entire side popped off.    Then I made an intentional accidental garden bed out of it.  The side removed will ensure the pot won't roll around in these 30 mph winds we've been having.
A little water and a lil' lovin'.  Isn't this copper watering can the bees' knees?  Speaking of knees, pay no attention to mine here.  They are bikers' knees.   I used to race mountain bikes. 
I planted impatiens.  Have I told you yet this is like a happy plant to me?  My mother planted hundreds of them, so they remind me of her house.  They like full shade and moist soil. 

Mom said to water them GOOD after planting.  I added some organic fertilizer, too.  For good measure. I should probably take off that price tag on the bottom, huh?
Aren't they cute?  In a couple weeks they should fill in so it will look like there are flowers spilling out of a tipped over pot!






No comments:

Post a Comment