Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!



For Cinco de Mayo, I celebrated by tuning my Sirius XM radio to the Latin channel 'Caliente' and creating a meal for my family that celebrates Mexican heritage.  We are mostly and Irish/Scottish family, but I took all week to plan and prepare a Mexican meal. I chose not to photo and blog specifically these dishes, although they were fabulous and I wish I had.  I served Fish tacos (Cod friend in beer batter served with a SPICY white sauce with capers, cayenne and cabbage), Spanish rice, non-alcoholic Strawberry Lime Margaritas, and Enchiladas in a slow cooker.  Using the slow cooker for the enchiladas made the entire meal because it left the tortillas soft and DOUGHY cooking in the moist heat all day.  They were to die for.  They literally melted in the mouths of my babes.  Next time, I'll include some fun photos of the preparation.  We served the Margaritas up with the glass rims dipped in lime juice and course sugar.  It was so fun! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment